The Stratojet was a Cold War Era, U.S Air Force Nuclear Bomber. A single B-47, with a 3 man crew, was equipped with more destructive power than all the aircraft combined during WWII. The B-47 entered service with the United States Air Force Strategic Air Command (SAC) in 1951. It never saw combat as a bomber, but was a mainstay of SAC bomber strength during the late 1950s and early 1960s, and remained in use as a bomber until 1965. It was also adapted to a number of other missions, including photographic reconnaissance, electronic intelligence, and weather reconnaissance, remaining in service as a reconnaissance aircraft until 1969 and as a testbed until 1977.
Finely detailed plastic model kit molded in gray
Option to be built as B-47 or RB-47
Accurately detailed panel lines
Requires glue, paint and assembly
For ages 14 and up
Skill level 3
Length: 9.25 inches (235mm), Height: 2.48 inches (63mm), Wingspan 9.6 inches (243.8mm)
Markings include One decal sheet with markings for 7 versions
1) B-47B-40-BW (51-2212), 306BW(M), USAF, MacDill AFB, Florida, early 50s
2) B-47B-15-BW (50-042), 305BW, USAF, MacDill AFB, Florida, early 1953
3) B-47E-75-BW (51-7071), 22BW(M) USAF. First jet bomber that crossed the Pacific Ocean to Yokota AB, Japan in 1954 with Gen. Walter C Sweeney Jr. commanding 15th AF on board
4) B-47B-II (51-2324), Updated to B-47E standard, 305BW(M), USAF, MacDill AFB, Florida, 1954
5) B-47B-II (51-2336), Updated to B-57E standard, 320BW(M), USAF, March AFB, California, 1959
6) RB-47H-1-BW (53-34291), 55 DRW Det. 2, USAF, Yokota AFB, Japan, 1965
7) RB-47H-1-BW (53-4280), 55 SRW Det. 1, USAF, RAF Upper Heyford, United Kingdom, 1967
Available - This item is available either from Wondertrail or one of our suppliers.
Pre-Order - This item is will be available as soon as the manufacture releases it. Pre-order makes sure you get it as soon as it is available and that you get it for the price listed. If the price goes up before the item is shipped to us you will only pay the price listed at the time you ordered it. If the price goes down you will get the discounted price.
Out of Stock Available for Pre-order - By placing a preorder for an out of stock item it will make sure you get your product when it comes back in stock. A lot of times manufactures do not want to over produce so they will limited production.
Out of Stock Discontinued - This item is discontinued and cannot be ordered. If you place an order for an out of stock discontinued item, the item will be removed from your order and your order for that item refunded.
Special Order - This item is available for special order only. (2 to 3 week wait.) We do not keep special order items in stock. You will be notified when your order is ready to ship
Low Stock - This item has limited quantities available. Call for availability. (208) 587-2626
Low Stock ? Discontinued When Sold Out - This item will be discontinued when sold out. Call for availability. (208) 587-2626
Out of Stock - This item is out of stock and it is unknown at this time when it will be back in stock. Your order for this item might be cancelled without notification.
This is the number of days before your product will be shipped. This is typicaly 3 to 5 days